Terms and definitions for PE pipes
The inner surface of PE pipe is smooth and the transportation resistance is small. It can make full use of water resources and reduce urban water use. In order to better promote and use this kind of pipe, we need to know more about it. For this reason, the editor specifically explains the common terms and definitions of PE pipes. The details are as follows:
1. Nominal outer diameter of pipe and fittings.
2. Nominal wall thickness PE pipe and pipe wall thickness specified value, equivalent to the minimum wall thickness at any point.
3. Maximum working pressure of nominal pressure pipes and fittings at 20 ℃.
4. Working pressure The maximum continuous water pressure on the inner wall of the pipe under normal working conditions, excluding water hammer pressure.
5. In the work of water hammer pressure piping system, the instantaneous fluctuating pressure due to the sudden change of the water flow rate.
6. When designing the internal water pressure piping system to work, the maximum instantaneous pressure acting on the inner wall of the pipe is the sum of the continuous working pressure of the pipe and the water hammer pressure.
7. Minimum required strength The minimum guaranteed value for the circumferential tensile strength of PE pipes under the water temperature of 20 ° C and long-term internal water pressure for 50 years, this value depends on the polyethylene resin category.
8. Granules made of polyethylene based resin with necessary antioxidants, UV stabilizers and pigments.
9. The ratio of the nominal outside diameter (dn) to the nominal wall thickness (en) of the standard size pipe.
The construction personnel of PE pipes need to undergo professional technical training before they can post, and they can understand the definitions of the above technical terms, and they can only go to work after examinations and assessments. This guarantees the design of pipeline engineering and the quality of pipeline installation.