Precautions for connection of PE pipe and inspection well
In order to facilitate regular inspection, cleaning and dredging of underground infrastructure, inspection wells are generally set at the junctions and turns of pipelines. PE pipes are commonly used in urban water supply, drainage, and sewage, and often come into contact with inspection wells. There are many problems to be aware of when connecting this type of pipeline to the inspection well. Let's take a look at what they are:
1. The connection between PE pipes and inspection wells should be flexible interface or socket pipe connection.
2. When the requirements are not high, they can be built directly into the wall of the inspection well.
3. The connection between the pipeline and the inspection well, in order to ensure that the pipes or fittings are well combined with the inspection well wall without leaking water, an interposer can be used. An intermediary layer made of polyethylene adhesive and coarse sand is prepared on the outer surface of the joint between the pipeline and the inspection well, and then cement mortar is used to build the wall into the well of the inspection well. Brush or cotton yarn to clean the outer surface of the tube wall, and then evenly apply a layer of plastic adhesive, and then spray a layer of dry grit on top, solidify for 10-20 minutes, to form a rough surface intermediary layer. The length of the interposer depends on the length of the pipeline in the inspection well. 240mm is usually available.
4. The connection between the PE pipe and the inspection well can also be formed by a precast concrete outer ring and a rubber ring structure. The concrete outer ring should be prefabricated before installation of the pipeline. The inner diameter of the outer ring should be determined according to the outer diameter of the pipe. The concrete strength of the outer ring is not less than C15, the wall thickness is not less than 50mm, and the thickness is not less than 240mm. Put the rubber ring on the socket of the pipe first, and insert the end of the pipe into the concrete outer ring. The concrete outer ring and the wall of the well shall be built with cement mortar.
5. Check the foundation of the well floor, and it should be connected to the flat edge of the pipeline foundation layer.
When PE pipe is connected to the inspection well, construction must be carried out in strict accordance with regulations, otherwise problems such as water leakage at the joint between the pipeline and the inspection well, water seepage from the bottom of the inspection well, and water from the bottom of the inspection well and the wall of the inspection well are very likely to occur. Once these problems appear, it is more difficult to deal with them, so we should pay more attention to prevent such problems during construction.